Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Collecting

My new collection of artwork--and the tulips my boyfriend surprised me with!

While I enjoy making ACEOs, I haven't previously collected any. I figured I had enough artwork laying around here and I should be selling that, not buying more! But...I have recently ended up with some awesome minituare work from some talented Etsy artists. I love that these pieces come from all over the world, and I think the collecting bug may have finally struck. Take a look at the humble beginnings of my new obsession!



Ali B.--England
This one came from a Secret Santa trade. The artist is Ali B. from She Likes This, and I was happily surprised to find such a lovely and unique gift in the mail. The photo doesn't do justice to the colorful metallic leaf she used in the swirls and the subtle gold shine in the background.

Maisie--Spain
I did my first ACEO trade with the Etsy All Handmade by Me team. This one is titled Mid Winter and it comes from Maisie of Ma'at Silk. Her work bursts with color and detail, and I am enjoying having a small sample of this.

Jessica--NY, United States
Also acquired from the trade is this night scene by Jessica, owner of Iroquois Designs. Jessica's work is quite varied and I had a difficult time choosing between this one or a feather done in colored pencil. Besides ACEOs, she also makes lovely, earthy jewelry inspired by her Native American heritage.

Brenda--Wales
My latest addition is a stunning watercolor landscape. I've admired Brenda's paintings for awhile and am in awe of the volume and variety of works she produces. You can see many more beautiful (and affordable!) scenes in her shop, Gweddus Art.

I encourage you to check out the wonderful variety of ACEOs that can be found on Etsy and elsewhere. It's a great way to own unique and affordable original art. But be careful...you might find yourself with a whole collection!

No comments:

Post a Comment