Friday, May 16, 2014

Gardens

I'm really getting in to collages! I like how the dried flowers look in this one. They are "weeds" that grow along the sidewalk dense as a yellow wall. I couldn't hardly wait for them to dry to try them out, and I think they worked well. The lace collar is from a vintage lace pattern. The design in the background is based on an old deco ironwork gate. In my mind it leads to a garden, so the collage is named "Gardens."

It makes me happy to create something that is just about beauty. Not all art has to be shocking, revolutionary, or have abstract meaning. Isn't it just as important to celebrate what is beautiful in the world?

The collage consists of various papers, knitted emroidary thread, dried flowers, watercolor pencil, marker.


2 comments:

  1. I think I say this in every comment...you are so talented! I love it! I love the different materials you use to create one piece, I love the variety of your projects. The only thing I don't like is that you're on the other side of the world! Miss you, friend!

    ReplyDelete