Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Tip-toe Through the Tulpen

This postcard is available on Etsy.
My postmarked Holland series now includes the signature Dutch tulips--or tulpen around these parts. I'm saying my inspiration was our visit to the famous Keukenhof gardens near Lisse, but really, the whole countryside is covered in blooming flowers like one continuous garden.

I must say, I really enjoyed making this one. I love how the light and dark came together. There is something very satisfying about laying down such bold, thick lines with the marker. I am very tempted to make another version as a poster and throw in a splash of red. The black and white is very elegant, but red could be quite dramatic, no?

2 comments:

  1. Really nice! A splay of red would make it pop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think the red version will be happening shortly...

      Delete