--1 1/8 c warm milk
--3/4 tsp yeast
--2 c flour
--dash of salt
--olive oil (or frying oil of choice)
--poffertje pan (a mold with small dimples, or possibly use a large frying pan)
1. Combine the yeast and warm milk.
2. Combine flour and salt, then add eggs and milk. Beat until the mixture is smooth.
3. Rise about 45 minutes.
4. Heat the poffertje pan and coat with olive oil. Using a squeeze bottle or frosting bag, fill each well with batter, or if you are using a regular pan, squirt teaspoon amounts. If the batter is too thick, add more milk.
5. Once the top gets bubbly and the bottom side is golden brown, flip each poffertje over and bake the other side.
5. Pile on a plate and top with butter and powdered sugar. I have an electrical poffertje pan so I like to cook them right at the table and serve them when they are hot. If you have a small pan it can take a while to cook them all up so it's more fun to munch as you go!